Meditation Techniques

Learning meditation techniques is easy as abc. If there is one discovery in my adult life that I’m grateful for it’s learning meditation techniques. I wondered why I didn’t stumble upon it sooner.

I am product of a broken home. I grew up insecure. A classic worrywart is what I used to see myself.. I worried about this and that. Outside I came out okay , I graduated in college, worked in the family business but inside I was crumbling. Endless loops of useless concerns invaded my mind. I lived my life that way until I learned about meditation techniques. Now I’m calmer, happier and able to manage whatever challenges that life has in store for me.

My own techniques of meditation here’s how I do it:

1. I pick a quiet place, instead of sitting comfortably I prefer lying down, my arms on my side.
I close my eyes and take deep breaths. Inhale through my nose and exhale through my mouth. When we are anxious we tend to take shallow breaths and that will even make us more anxious. Because the acid-alkaline(ph) level in our blood is not balance. We should remember to take in a balance amount of oxygen (by breathing or inhaling) and breathe out the same amount of carbon dioxide.

2. I focus on my breathing. It’s one way to practice mindfulness. When you are focused on your breathing you can’t think of something else, not the past nor the future because I am in the moment with my breathing. I am in the present.

3. I tighten and release every muscle in my body in the count of four. Make a fist count one, two, three, four then open my hand slowly , count one, two, three, four. I repeat doing it with my neck, arms, abdomen, thighs ,legs, and toes until my whole body feel so relaxed.

4. Once I feel so relaxed and my body feels so light, in my mind I go to my secret resting place. Secret resting place is any place you have been in or want to be where it’s quiet, peaceful and generally gives you a nice, warm, calm, secure and happy feeling. In your mind’s vision it could be you quietly sitting by the serene, shimmering, silvery lake surrounded by green grass, you hearing the chirping of the birds, feeling the soft breeze on your velvety skin as the tall, green trees swayed. Or you as a child snuggling feather mattresses in your grandmother’s house. Only you, know what’s your secret resting place. I watch my thoughts go by and simply observe. Like watching a foreign movie with no subtitle.

5. I allow myself for re-entry in the conscious world. I move my fingers and then my toes. Do a few neck rolls. I open my eyes.

Pay off:
Right after meditating I feel relaxed and clam and at peace with myself.

To get the full benefits of meditation, you need to practice it consistently, because the results are cumulative.

By meditating regularly you can develop the ability to view stressful situations with detached calm. If your boss snaps at you, you might smile instead of yelling back.

Through my years of doing the proper meditation techniques I am now able to deal positively with the daily stress that comes with adult responsibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeroing In On Self Discipline

16 Sure Fire Ways To Find Clarity and Make The Right Decisions

Earn: Be a Locksmith