How To Conquer Worry

Worrying is the heart of anxiety. Our mind spins on an endless loop of low grade melodrama. One set of concern leading on to the next and back again. We all experienced it right? More so with chronic worriers. When the same cycle of worry intensifies and persists it will become a full blown anxiety disorders such as phobias, obsessions and compulsions . But of course these are extreme cases.

Worry makes us clench our jaws and lines our faces with wrinkles. Turns the hair gray and in some make it fall out. Ruins our complexion with all skin rashes and pimples.

We have to lose ourselves in action so we won’t have the luxury of time to stew and fret about things that might not happen. Here are my two favorite worry busters that I would like to share to you. You might find an idea or two that you like.

Some people when they are bothered by thoughts of worry, would immediately head off to the gym, badminton or basketball courts or to the local batting cages and sweat off their worries away.

I like the idea of exerting effort and sweating off my worries as well but with a double purpose. As the saying goes “hitting two birds with one stone” so when I’m baffled, annoyed and pressured , I drown all my ugly thoughts in sweat by doing household chores. Cleaning my room, bathroom, doing my laundry, stuff like that. I go from one part of the house at a time until I get to clean up the whole house. It’s quite meditative too, the repetitive motion of brushing on the right side and on the left side of the wall for example. I used up my adrenaline rush and channeled it positively plus my house gets all clean, fresh smelling and spotless and to top it all off I get feelings of pride and accomplishment .

Secondly, I pray. Nothing can beat that. I turned all my problems over to a power greater than myself. Prayer is a practical thing. It helps us to put into words exactly what is troubling us. It gives us a sense of sharing our burdens of not being alone and we can always tell God. So why not link ourselves now with the mysterious powers of nature that take and lead us in hand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeroing In On Self Discipline

16 Sure Fire Ways To Find Clarity and Make The Right Decisions

Earn: Be a Locksmith