Drawing Your Own Treasure Map

Setting goals is old hat. But there is a new way to look at it. Do you ever wish that your current circumstances were different? Do you wish you have a better job? Wish your children were more discipline and well behave? Wish you were thinner, drive your dream car, less financial problems, more compatible with your wife or girlfriend?

We secretly hope that a bolt of lightning will wipe out our misery in one crackling instant. But wishing and hoping don’t bring about change. Goals do. Setting goals outline the steps you can follow one day at a time to make change possible. Like treasure maps, goals show the way to riches so wonderful you can’t even imagine. Setting goals reassure you that if you follow the path, you will arrive at the destination you want.

I used to wait for a bolt of lightning to reduce all my worries to nothing. I wished that I will find the kind of work which I most care about and wish to be able to utilize my favorite set of skills on a daily basis. More than anything in the world I wanted, not to worry and feel jittery when it’s the time of the month to pay the bills and the rent. I had a whole boxcar of wishes and wants but no goals toward which my train could travel. Therefore I didn’t move one inch closer to fulfilling those wishes.

When I meditated I began to ask myself what choices I had about changing my life. I could continue to wish I were different or I could commit myself to setting goals and acting out the changes I needed to make to achieve them.

Taking action on your goals and commit yourself to achieving them, is the most important part in your goal setting.

You can apply techniques like creative visualization, affirmation and “acting as if” you already become the person you want to be. We can’t force things to happen the way we want, but we can attract the things we want if we are in harmony with the things we’d like to attract. That means acting as is we already achieve our goals and be the person we already want to be.

Once you have your own set of goals, draw your own treasure map you can stop worrying that you will never find the way to that particular treasure. It is a promise that further treasures are in store.

When I did my visualizing and affirming I had this burning desire to write about things that interest me, improve my literary skill and somehow inspire people who read my articles. Writing this, is a step towards that goal. With my treasure map handy , I don’t feel lost anymore. I have a direction now. I am more confident than ever. I will just persistently follow the map made up of goals that shows me the way. And I will surely reach the destination I want. All this, because of my decisiveness in setting goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeroing In On Self Discipline

16 Sure Fire Ways To Find Clarity and Make The Right Decisions

Earn: Be a Locksmith